Friday, April 8, 2011

FIRE!

There’s a fire in my soul

There’s a fire in my soul
Just lit up like a red hot blazing coal
Digg’n round like a subterranean mole
Excavating my heart.
And the terrifying part
Is its digg’n deeper.

Digg’n deeper to my core
Waging all spiritual kinds of war
Sifting soul of an open sore
Like an ancient threshing floor
More and more and more and more
Until the chaff of me
Be of yore.

Yeah, Its taking self and taking pride
Taking walls and things that hide
Reveals the truth and kills the lie
Reveals my God whose deep inside
Until he and I abide

but then
In him
I’ll die
The one through whom was made
All things that fly on earth and sky
In him I will abate
As phoenix from the ashes high
So my soul within shall rise
In clouds
I bow
And place my crown
Upon the ground
And in pastures I will lay

I With three remain
and the greatest I will know
Like a fire in my soul
Is love’s enduring flame

1 comment:

nancylynn said...

SLAM! Would have loved to hear you LIVE