Monday, January 5, 2009

East of Everywhere

A correspondence:

J - (I've) Come up to meet you, Tell you I'm sorry, You don't know how lovely you are

G - I had to find you, Tell you I need you, Tell you I set you apart.

J - Tell me your secrets and ask me your questions

G - Oh, let's go back to the start

J -(I'm) running in circles, coming up tails, heads on a science apart.

G-No body said it was easy.

J -Its such a shame for us to part

G -No body said it was easy

J -No one said it would be this hard, oh take me back to the start

J -I was just guessing at numbers and figures, pulling the puzzles apart. Questions of science, science and progress do not speak as loud as my heart.

G -But tell me you love me.

J -Come back and haunt me.

G -Oh, and i rush to the start.

J -Running in circle,  chasing our tails, coming back as we are.

G -No body said it was easy.

J -No one ever said it would be so hard. I'm going back to the start!


-Coldplay

because some times God speaks most clearly where we don't think he's speaking.


5 comments:

nlove said...

I so agree - amen and amen. It all does seem to move in circles - not straight lines. But I think that's okay with me, I move this way anyway. Yes, it's hard but I'd do it again and again. Don't give up. <3

Brad said...

What a wonderfully imaginative way to listen to that song. Thanks for opening our ears to hear it, Josh.

Reid Overall said...

I love the overarching picture that is painted through the relationship of the human and God. It also captures the confusion, suffering, and love that exist when God is involved in our lives. The relationship is full of life. It scares me and excites me at the same time. I like how quickly the dialogue flows in the midst of seemingly much more time passing in relation to our concept of time. I like the idea of not having to go backwards in finding the start (in reference to going in a circle as nancy stated). Thanks for the post.

Unknown said...

Thats good Reid I would even say that the confusion is caused by the enemy and the suffering caused by our fears. In the lord there is peace in the lord there is rest. His yoke is easy and light.

nlove said...

But isn't suffering a part of "this" life? I have learned so much from suffering ... I don't think all suffering comes from fear ...

What do you think?