Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It Hurts

Satan circles around my back side and says: "it hurts don't it?"

"yeah." I reply, clutching the place just above my stomach. "but its growing me...."

...silence...

Satan ponders for a moment and then speaks again: "Hurts though, right?"

I look to the ground and study it intently
waiting for the image of the Lord's feet to appear.

"I love the bride..." I say "we hurt until he comes for us..."

Looking back to the floor I see him sitting in front of me
and I wash him in my affections.

"But, it hurts." says devil man.

I nod my head 'yes' and I look up,
Another guest is walking into the restaurant.

Its a customer I haven't seen in along time, an Indian man.
I reach out my hand and we shake warmly.
I love him, and for a moment, I know I've seen the lord.

"It hurts because the old is sifting away...." I say heading back to the kitchen.
"I don't have to understand it to know it..."

1 comment: