Monday, October 17, 2011

Nothing that I want, and everything

Keep your governments, and your taxes! Keep your allegiances and political party ideologies! Take my house, have my car, my clothes, my telephone, squander my social security and fashion your missiles, your bombs and all manner of war machines. Keep your conveniences, your fast food restaurants, your favorite sports religions. Take back my very rights, keep your "independence" as you call it, all of those self-evident truths that so many have died for, your picket fences, your greens lawns and the tinny little ornaments that litter them. Have your wealth, your prosperity gospels, your American way! Have your fill of it all, oh world....just give me Jesus. Give me God. Please lord, I finally want nothing else, give me you.

No comments: