Sunday, June 21, 2009

Heart Tangles in the veil of truth

Where do we begin lord?
Where do we start to
Untangle my masses.

Warm the blood and sooth the knots.
Fear underlying the grief
and grief stretches the pride that covers my shame.
Somewhere around the burden of pleasure
adjoining the heart contusion
of a forgotten love

In the place of one, a thousand crowd the chamber of my soul.
A joyous sight comes to the looking glasses of my mind but does not enter.

The pathways were long since congested

how many miles have I traveled in my mind while in form the atrophied legs of rot stifle beneath me? I feel a want I can not touch
my hand is crippled, held in place

Seized with fear

fear of life

I'm afraid to live

Death?
No, death has not stung me. I have been pinned to the wood basking in the hope of life renewed. The weight is not so hard to bear, or it wouldn't be
if not for the tangles and knots

But even as i feel it warming, softening, melting away the icy stiff of death... truth will not reveal. My eyes are cast to the ground
Your voice is calling but my head is heavy
"look to his face" I hear, by the time its navigated the streets of my soul the noise is muffled and confusing.

Did i hear or was it my thinking? Did I dream or was it my making?

I sit in silence and my knots remain. But to this post I do reclaim

that truth is in me. Life is within me and nothing else has been granted access to my heart, by your power

Only what I put....

Have i been put away?

Have i been laid to rest?

and you answer "yes and every day
in every way"

Come and clothe yourself, come and spend yourself, come and give yourself

to me"

afraid
afraid to live

"come again?"

afraid!

"come again?"

afraid to live!

"come again my child and feel the warmth of grace and know

how wide

how deep

how long

how strong

and empty the rest
for I fill my temple
there is no room for anything else"

So what is the rest? What is the whole, is it good, is it bad, is it evil?

"My grace is enough"

But all the other, what is the rest
of all I don't need

"choose wisely and give freely as you have been given to

my grace is enough"

is it love?

"it is life"