Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Seventh Day in Iowa

After the Lord got done creating the man that I've been this year we rested.

In Iowa.

Praise be to the lord of hosts. He fills by day and by night he takes away. To struggle with the lord God of Israel the god of Jacob is a glorious thing that I wouldn't trade for any love or riches. By the warming of the sun his love fills my belly. His gentle presence is like a thousand gentle butterflies within me. 

Come and speak some more.

Come and be still again.

Come to my heart.

Refill my spirit lord it needs restored. Give me the fire that helps me to love and live the life you have promised. You were the lord of the desert and now I can see the land of flowing milk. In abundance you will be here, but my heart must be guarded lest I fall for another love. Keep me from love of the flesh and love of the mind. Keep me in my heart for there I have enthroned you for ever and ever.

With having little the truth of the ages has seemed so clear but keep scales from covering my eyes father. Let me see in my time of fullness those who still need around me. But in all things I must thank you for this gift. This gift of life this meaning and image that you have imprinted upon my spirit, that you see me as you see the Christ, pure and blameless. You see me as the perfect son and not one thing can I do to earn this gift.

Let us rest now

let us be still

the race is coming

No comments: