Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm Not Jesus

I'm not Jesus and praise the lord!

His grace has covered me, his love amazes me. How far can I fall and still have your love? How deep can I hide and still be found? How wrong can I do it and you still redeem?

I am truly fallen. How fallen am I? You know you're fallen when: you know that you're fallen. That's how gone I am. When I can see the good and evil that lays before me: that's when I loose my way, because then I'm only listening to my self. What should I choose? Oh but lord, God of Gods, king of kings your words are better than life. Only you are good and therefore only goodness can be found in you.

I can see good, but apart from you it is as the wind. I can see evil, but apart from you it is the same as good. Only in obedience can I find the rest of wholeness you offer, but even knowing that is knowing a good over evil. I see them, I see all the choices I have to make to be obedient. All the ways I can be like you, be your representation on earth, be your light, be your life, live your image but...I cant do it all, the power is not with in me, and even if I did do it, It would have been for my sake, oh what a wretched man, oh what a sinner I am. Lord please I need your mercy please!

I, me, Josh. I can not be the good I see....

Praise the lord I'm not Jesus

You have taken it from my hands and committed it to his! Him who was before me, and is after me, and is you, and is for you, and is to you. All things are him and not one thing is with out him. To him, through him, because of you, because he's from you, because he is you he did it. Praise the Lord he has done it. All of the greatest things, all of the noblest ideas, every love, every word spoken and poem hymmed, each kiss, the stars in the sky and the endless expanse of eternal space that lay between of all these: To cross the void, to find true love, to make peace in all the world, understanding upon understanding, NOTHING compares to the work of him. Not one thing can stand to the work of the Christ and not one idea is even more mysterious. Not one power is like it in all of creation, and for this his name is above every name, and not one man nor woman can boast.

Thank you lord for making me Josh Love that I might be showered in this glorious grace. Thank you for Jesus.

You have not made me lord of lords, praise the lord I am not Jesus!

2 comments:

nlove said...

I love this Josh, I've read it several times and each time I've read something new. And it has momentum every time I read it. thank you <3

Barbara Alves said...

amen